Accommodations play a big part in a deaf or hard of hearing person’s life. Which one(s) you use depends on your communication preferences/base of knowledge and language fluency. Below lists the most common types of accommodations you can request (from schools, courts, theaters, medical appointments, pretty much anywhere that provides an in-person service to the public):

Interpreters: American Sign Language Interpreters, Oral Interpreters, Cued Speech Transliterators (more rare)

Computer Assisted Realtime Translation (CART)



Assistive Listening Devices





Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Back to top